Thirty years after completing an Honours degree in Medieval Studies, with careers in freelance writing, textile design, and as a visual artist under my belt, I returned to Queen’s University to complete a second degree in Art History, and discovered what I wanted to be when I grew up. I am now interested in consolidating my rather widespread interests in history, art, culture, and travel into a basis for teaching, especially those who have little previous exposure or understanding of the history and importance of human culture.
Areas of Academic Interest
- Medieval (esp. Gothic and Burgundian), Northern Renaissance, Modern, Architecture from all periods
- "Lost Gothic" architecture, Mary of Burgundy, the history of the Holy Roman Empire....
- BA Art History, Queen's University, 2018
- BA (Hons) Medieval Studies, University of Waterloo, 1987
- 2016 Wallace Near Prize for Art History, Queen's University
- 2016 Dean's List with Distinction
- 2016 Dean's Special Award