Elizabeth Rice Mattison
Medieval, Early Modern
Supervisor: Ethan Matt Kavaler
Areas of Academic Interest
- Netherlandish art and architecture
- Visual narratives
- Migration of artists
- Historical imagination
- Reforming Sculpture: The Prince-Bishopric of Liège, 1468–1566
- Simultaneous BA/MA Yale University
“The Receptions and Rejections of Sicilian Regalia in Late Medieval Nuremberg.” Gesta 58, no. 1 (2019): 1–26. (forthcoming)
“Archaism and Antiquity: The Master of Elsloo’s Impassive Virgins.” In De Meester van Elsloo, Van eenling tot verzameling, edited by Lars Hendrikman. Maastricht: Bonnefanten Museum, 2019. Exhibition catalogue.
Catalogue entries. In François Ier et l’art des Pays-Bas, edited by Cécile Scailliérez. Paris: Musée du Louvre, 2017. Exhibition catalogue.
“The Book Under Pressure.” In Odd Volumes: Book Art from the Allan Chasanoff Collection, edited by Pamela Franks. New Haven: Yale University Art Gallery, 2014. Exhibition catalogue.
- 2017–18 Belgian American Education Foundation Fellowship
- 2017 SELECT Grant, University of Toronto
- 2017 Kress Foundation Fellowship for the Study of Art in Flanders
- 2016–17 Robson Graduate Research Assistantship, Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies
- 2016 Centre for the Study of France and the Francophone World Research Grant, Munk School of Global Affairs
- 2015–19 Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- 2014–15 Selby Fellowship, John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art