Supervisor: SeungJung Kim
I am interested in the intersectionality of cultures in art, architecture and other modes, such as language and literature especially in the Hellenistic period. I am particularly drawn to South Asian and Classical cross-cultural exchange and syncretism in art and architecture as well as the function and reception of Classical art in the East.
Areas of Academic Interest
- Gandharan art and archaeology
- Hellenistic art and archaeology
- Hellenistic syncretism
- Function and reception of Classical art in the East
- Hellenistic Bactria and Indo-Greek history, numismatics and art
- My current research interest lies in the function and reception of Classical or Classically inspired art and imagery found in Gandharan Buddhist sites.
- Mst Classical Archaeology, University of Oxford, 2015
- BA Archaeology and History of Greece, Rome, and the Near East, University of British Columbia, 2014